Monday, April 7, 2014

Back Pain, Hungry Knives and Dinner with Friends

This past week was thankfully slow!  I'm down to 2 courses for school (yay and yippee!) and last week was an easy "post on the message boards and watch lectures week" No major papers or major assignments.  This is great because my back is in SO much pain still!

Monday, after a day of sitting at the library I stopped off at walmart to pick up this omron elector therapy device:

It reminds me of the thing they use at the chiropractors office after a session to relax the muscles.  It worked surprisingly well.  I use it once in the morning before going to the library (a great excuse to veg and watch the morning show on NBC) and once before going to bed.  It does a surprising job and easing the pain, if only for an hour or 2.

I called dad for recommendations.  Dad has had back pains on and off for his whole life, so he know's some tips and tricks.  He recommended drinking a sip of diet tonic water (with quinine) a couple of times a day.

This has to be the grosses drink ever.  The first sip tastes like carbonated water, but then the bitter aftertaste hits and BLECH!  Yuck, eww, etc.  So gross.  I tried mixing it with crystal light, but all it did was make my crystal light bitter, so, I'm going with the "a couple of swigs here and there" way of getting it down.

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when I cut my baby pinky fingernail?  Well, that same knife obviously has a taste for blood because it some how cut me on my index finger.  I'm not even sure how it happened.  I was cutting onions then an avocado when I noticed I was bleeding rather profusely.  I ran to the bathroom and baindaided it.  Still.  Beware of that knife, it knows and loves the taste of human flesh. (sorry about the poor quality.)

It's a new month and you know what that means?!!  NEW CALENDAR PIC!

On Fiday I got stood up for a date :( so I messaged my friends desperately asking them to go out with me.  KW, Dom, Mitch and I all met up at the Harry Buffalo...eventually.  I originally recommended we go to Quaker Steak and Lube because I saw they had a bucket of wings and I just wanted wings so bad!  Anyway, turns out the location I got was for a quaker steak  in the airport, so, we changed course and all met up at the Harry Buffalo by the mall.  My food was great, but poor dom got the weirdest pale orange sauce on his ribs witch made them almost inedible.  

I'm very lucky to have great friends who will meetup with me on a moments notice when I'm feeling sad.  I was all smiles after hanging out with such a great group of people!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your back still hurts. The tonic water is an acquired taste. I'm so happy that you have such good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting the electro-therapy device! It really does wonders for sores and aches, especially if you don't have someone to give you a good massage. And I didn't know about the tonic water with quinine. Thank your dad for me, will ya? I hope you never have those chronic back pains again. Here's to having great people as friends!

    Alan @ ProClinix

    ReplyDelete