Thursday, September 13, 2012

Games, Golf and Girl Talk

Saturday after work I met up with Mitch, KW and Dom for gaming.  I got there around 11pm, and KW had bought ingredients for lemon bars.  Mitch and I rolled up our sleves and made up some lemon bars for the crew.

While the lemon bars were cooking, the boys were playing on there computers so Mitch and I had girl talk.  We talked all about everything going on.  Sadly we hadn't hung out in about a month (way too long!!) so we had lots to talk about.

Once the lemon bars finished cooking we played Civ V for an hour or two before everyone got super tired and we all parted ways.  Some other awesome things that happened that night was I saw Mitch and Dom's new deck!  Awesome doesn't even begin to describe how cool their new deck is.  Soooooo cool.  Yeah, I have friends who built their own deck...like a boss!  We also walked 6 houses over to KW house to see his new coffee table.  It was neat.  Not "built your own deck neat" but still pretty nice.


The next day, Sunday, Marlon and I went to Swings and Things.  As we were driving there I excitedly asked "So are there swings?!"  Marlon laughed and explained that no, the "swings" refer to swinging a bat at the batting cages.  I was a little disappointed (who doesn't love swings?!) but still super exited for batting cages and mini golf!!

We started out at the batting cages.  Marlon use to play baseball/softball in high school, and still plays with a team during softball season.  Marlon was a total boss at the batting cages.  He hit home run after home run as I cheered him on!  For the safety of all, I did not use the batting cages.  After almost 30 years of life, I've learned that my horrible hand eye coordination is best left not seen by others!

Next we played a round of miniture golf.  While we were waiting in line to buy a round (Marlon paid for everything once again <3 ), the guy behind us said to his daughter "This guy (talking about Marlon) has opened every door (for me, Jnet!), maybe he'll also buy us a round of golf!"  Marlon just laughed (nice try buddy).  Like a sir!

Below is the score card.  Let me sum it up for you though:  Marlon managed 3 holes in 1 (three!!!!), while I managed 3 holes where I hit the max amount of strokes (6).  Long story short, Marlon slaughtered me at mini golf 50 to 60, but was a gracious winner.

After batting and golf we were tuckered out so we ordered a pizza from Romeo's Pizza.  Marlon had been raving about how they had the best pizza.  It was pretty amazing.  It was like they added delicious crack to the sauce.  I couldn't get enough!  So super yum!

We then watched some football.  By watched, I mean, Marlon watched while I asked a TON of questions.  You know a guy likes you when he puts up with a lot of silly questions during a football game!

The next day I met up with my friend Chellise for girl talk.  We picked up some food from Melt, a gormet grilled cheese place.  Ironically, neither of us got grilled cheese.


We had a great time and talked about everything from Babies (she has 2!!) to boyfriends (I has one!!).  Sometimes I forget what awesome friends I have!  So funny and witty and insightful and all around super fun to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment