Saturday, March 15, 2014

2 Weeks Worth of Blogging in One Post

Wow, sorry it's been 2 weeks since my last blog!  Between school and friends I've been so busy I kinda forgot.  Don't worry, dear readers, it's not you, it's me.  Let's start back on the first of march.  I LOVE the beginning of any month because I get to turn the page on the calendar my sister made me with pics of her family.  Highlight of the month!

On Sunday I had found a great deal for John Freida's Frizz Ease.  It looks great when I put it in my hair and stay inside all day, but once I go out and the wind hits it.  Huge fuzzball :(  Here's an inside day:

Wednesday of last week was JAM PACKED full of stuff.  I went to Oberlin to meetup with my friend Charlotte.  Charlotte and I are in a couple of classes together at Kent state.  It was so nice to meet a fellow online classmate!

Charlotte even drew me a map of all of the hotspots in Oberlin:

After Meeting up with Charlotte, I metup with my friend Tom for dinner and a tour of the Oberlin college libraries.  At dinner he gave me a cocoa bean to try.  It was nutty and horribly bitter.  It seems it's an aquired taste:

The it was off to the Libraries.  According to the Oberlin college website:
"The music library is among the oldest and largest in any academic setting, with more than 270,000 items. Collections include more than 80,000 sound recordings, 127,00 musical scores, 63,000 books, and 210 periodical titles."
The shelves filled with music books were so great, to conserve space they put them on these cool bookshelves that you had to turn to see all the books.

The music library also had HUGE books of music (as modeled by Tom and I):


We went to the sciences library, but it was a fairly generic library, so, sadly, no pics.
The main library was huge!  Their bound periodicals had items going back to the 1800's and even earlier!  My favorite part of the main library was the typewriter room!!

Tom obviously liked the type writers too!

On Friday I met up with Mitch for a girls breakfast.  We talked about girl stuff and fun was had all around!

Saturday was dom's birthday, so a group of us (Tony, Karis, Scott, Dave, KW and I) all metup at Dave and busters for dinner and pool.  Again, fun all around!

The week of March 9th was spent working feverishly on school work and playing assassins creed II.  I realized I had been playing it too much when I saw a church steeple and thought "I should climb that view point to get a better lay of the land"

The only real accomplishment of note for this week was that I figured out how to open a masterlock for which I had lost the combination.  I followed the instructions found here:  http://voices.yahoo.com/crack-any-masterlock-15-minutes-guaranteed-418411.html

This up coming week I'll be in philly.  I came to philly for Joel and Kate's housewarming party, but am staying for a week to get some family time in.  Get excited for philly blog next week!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! We are so glad you're home with us for a little while.

    ReplyDelete