Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Friends, Shoes and Weight Loss

The past few weeks have been mostly uneventful.  I've been spending a lot of time working on school work.  Thusly I have very little to blog about.  Some things that did happen:

I was getting ready to go hang out with friends when Joel called to talk.  After talking for a few minutes I told Joel I had to go to meetup with friends.  Joel said "hahaha, you don't have friends!"  To prove him wrong, I sent him a picture of me with all of my friends.  BURN:


This past Saturday, I met up with Leeann, whom I hadn't seen since our Canada vacation.  We went to Yours Truly for breakfast and made sure to wear PJ's.  We're all about the comfy for girls breakfast.  We spent a solid 2 hours gossiping and giggling about everything from boys to, well, boys lol.

Leeann, who had only got her ohio drivers license the year before actually bought her very first car.  I am so happy for her!  It's a cutie for a first car!!

That evening I met up with Mitch, Dom and KW at Dave and Busters for dinner.  Believe it or not, I actually got Mitch to agree to a picture!!!!  So cute right?!

We, of course, played minecraft after.  I took over KW's castle that he made and am carpeting it and adding pretty colored glass to it.  So pretty.

Sunday, I realized I needed new shoes.  I've been trying to go to the gym 5 times a week and this obviously is not ok with my shoes as I literally wore a hole in them.

Those shoes decided to start wearing a hole in me too (well a blister):

Dad gave me some extra money (because he's literally the best dad EVER), so I could get some new shoes that won't hurt me.  I went to the New Balance store in Crocker Park and bought the exact same shoes I had before, but in a different color:

You may be asking yourself: "If Jeannette is working out so much, is she losing weight?"  Why yes I am!  Thank you for asking.  Today is my 4 month diet-aversary.  I've been doing keto (basically Atkins).  After 16 weeks I've lost 38.6 lbs (2.4 lbs a week!!)  I went from a tight size 26 to being able to fit into my old size 22's:

While I don't look a whole lot different, I've got more energy.  When I started working out, it was tough to get the treadmill up to 2.4 mph.  Now, I'm easily up to 3.4 mph!  I can walk without getting winded!  It's the little things that make dieting worthwhile!  Huge thank you to mom and dad for being so supportive in both my schooling and dieting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment