Wednesday, December 12, 2012

30th Birthday part 1

For my 30th Birthday I took a week off of work and went on a a whirlwind vacation to utah then vegas.  I waited until the last minute to pack.  As I was sitting on my $25 walmart suitcase to close it, the zipper broke (suitcase on the left).  I ran to Target and picked up a more expensive suitcase, finished packing and then had Mitch and Dom drive me to the airport (YAY for awesome friends!!)

The first part of my trip started by visiting my brother Jeff, Sister-in-law Rachel and nephew Forrest in utah.

I brought Cleveland shirts as thank you gifts for hanging with me.  Jeff and Rachel promptly threw some Cleveland Ohio Gang signs:



Rachel and I went shopping for all the delicious foods she would be making for us this week (she is an AH-MAZHING cook!!)  While at Walmart (in Utah) I saw a Food Storage section!!!!  Only in utah would there be a whole section dedicated to food storage!!


As we walked back to the car to drop off the food it started snowing again.  Utah in snow is so pretty!!



Rachel and I then metup with my roomate from LDSBC Sharene.  Shar brought her 2 beautiful daughters and the girl she babysits.  It was so much fun catching up.  Sharene mentioned that it was over 10 years since we had been in college.  I can't believe it!  It does not seem like it has been that long!  Sharene was as funny and kind and wonderful as ever!



Rachel and I met up with Sharene at McDonalds because they had a playplace.  Forrest was super excited to get a milkshake!


That night for dinner we had spinach stuffed shells with garlic bread.  It may have been the most delicious thing EVER!  I want to steal Rachel and take her home with me!



The next morning Jeff and I went out into the boonies and shot guns.  This was the view of the mountains from the boonies:



We shot a 22 caliber rifle (a pew pew gun)



A handgun:






And a shotgun (which was my favorite):



We exploded a bunch of things we got at the thrift store ranging from a vase full of marbles:



To a porcelain boot filled with fake flowers:


A vase with hearts all over it:



We also shot some targets that Jeff had:



That evening, Rachel made homemade rolls, and a delicious Italian sausage soup.  Sooooooo yummy.  I must have had 5 rolls, they were so good!!

That was only the first 2 days of vacation.  2 down, 6 to go!  Say bye bye Forrest:


2 comments: