Friday, December 21, 2012

30th Birthday part 2

In preparation for our Vegas trip, Rachel and I went to go get our nails done and spray tans.  The week before I had flown out to Utah, I had tried tanning in tanning beds and gotten 3 sunburns and NO color on my skin.  The spray tan turned out pretty good, although you can't really tell from the pictures.  Here is our before pic:
and our after pic

It was more noticeable in real life, but here is a pic of our sweet tanned faces:


We also got our nails done.  They used this "gellish" nail polish that lasts really long and doesn't really chip.  I finally took it off after having it on a week and it just peeled off!  No need for nail polish remover!!  Here's what it looked like:

Later that evening my best friend from college, Justin Abbott, came over for dinner.  He brought Glogg, which was amazing.  You can get it at IKEA, and it is super delish warm!


We had meatloaf (which was amazing), lots of laughs and just good conversation!  Of course I made sure I had pictures in front of the pretty Christmas tree:




Now on to the cutest part of the blog.  Forrest!  Rachel and Jeff have a pretty fancy fireplace.  While Rachel and I were talking in the kitchen, Forrest came in looking quite distressed and then showed us his hands, which were black!  I guess he had been playing in the fireplace.  So cute and horrible at the same time:

Forrest LOVED giving cuddles!  He cuddled with his aunt:

his mommy:
and his daddy:

He was also super smart.  He would play a puzzle game with his mom every night:

and he knew almost any animal sound you could name:

As we were getting ready to leave for Vegas  Jeff and Rachel decided to give Forrest an early Christmas present.  Forrest is a total Curious George addict.  I don't know how parents do it.  If I had to watch one more stupid episode of "George" I was going to go completely crazy!!  Anyway, he got a George doll for early Christmas and LOVED it:

No comments:

Post a Comment