Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Plays and New Pals

Friday I came home from work to find a package in the mail from Clarion, the college I will be attending in Fall 2013.  Here's what was inside:

HA!  So funny!  They're really nice metal sunglasses that say Clarion on the side (you can kind of see it in this picture):

Sunday I dragged a very amiable Rich to go see a play with me in downtown Cleveland   We drove all the way there and were parking before I realized I had left the tickets at home!  I FREAKED out and started turning the car around to go get the tickets.  Thank goodness Rich is so levelheaded.  He said that we could probably get a copy of the tickets at the box office, which is exactly what we did.  PHEW!


After getting the tickets we had 1/2 an hour before they would seat us, so we walked around downtown.  One of the buildings had water cascading off of it (even though it hadn't rained in days).  I took a picture because it looked pretty cool:

We got back to the 14th Street theater and took a pic while we waited to be seated:

Isn't Rich so cute when he's serious?!!!  They seated us at table PP.  HAHAHA.  So many jokes were made...yup, we were at the PP table!

I thought the play was ok.  Rich really enjoyed it...I think?  He's such an all around optimistic person it's hard to tell sometimes lol.  

Monday I got to meet Rich's sister Samantha and brother-in-law Bryan.  They are 2 of my new favorite people!  Have you ever laughed so much your face hurts?  That happened!  It was 2 + hours of laughing, good food and even better people!  We met up at the Hooley House just off of 480:

Rich and I got there early.  We are both very punctual (if not early) people.

Samantha and Bryan arrived not long after.

It was the best "meeting the family" experience so far.  Samantha was so nice and funny and quick to laugh.  Bryan wasn't as talkative, but when he did say something it was beyond funny or poignant!  Samantha regaled us with with story of her less than perfect Vegas wedding (almost 10 years ago!  Right?  Neither Samantha or Bryan look old enough to have been married 10 years!  Maybe 3 or 4, but 10?!)

Hopefully I'll meet Rich's mom and dad in 2 weeks.  If they are half as wonderful as their kids, we'll get along GREAT!

Tuesday was my lazy day/cooking.  I didn't feel like cooking anything special, so I made sugar cookies (Click Here for recipe) .  They weren't overly sweet, but still pretty good considering how easy they were to make!  Here's the before they were put in the oven:

And the after:

So yummy!  I would recommend if you want something sweet, but not overly so, and cheap and easy to make (maybe 30 minutes from start to eat).

YAY for a busy weekend!!  Next weekend I'm going to visit the Woods clan to see how big the babies have gotten, and then will be working OT on monday (presidents day) to get some sweet time and a half!

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely been around kindergarteners too long since I laughed so hard about the PP table! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete