Wednesday, February 6, 2013

From Birthdays to Babies

This weekend was CRAZY busy!  I took off on Saturday to help Rich celebrate his 33rd birthday!  It was officially the WORST weather I've seen in a while.  We started off the day going to First Watch for brunch.  I was so happy to see Rich, and so hungry I forgot to take pictures, so, here's a stock photo!

I had a fun evening planned at Dave and Busters, but since it was 20-30 miles away and we were in the middle of a blizzard we ended up going to Applebees instead:

Rich had left over Oreo cake that his family had bought on friday for his birthday, so we stuck a candle in it and sang happy birthday to Rich!!

The drive home from Rich's was terrifying.  I went 30mph the whole way home.  I-271 was the worst.  When I got to I-480 the roads weren't as bad, but everyone was still going really slow.  I made it home without incident, and short of the roads being horrible, it was a GREAT day full of laughter and happiness!

The next day, Sunday, I got up early and went over to Mitch and Dom's.  Since we hadn't hung out in a bit we decided to have a drinking day.  Because everyone but me had work the next day (and no one wants to go to work hungover) we decided to drink in the morning and spend the afternoon sobering up.  Honestly, Mitch and I were the only ones to drink. We each had 2 drinks and then gave up:

How cute is Mitch by the way?!

Mitch and I got hungry after a bit so she made turkey sausage for us!  The boys had eaten earlier so they didn't get any!

It was super bowl sunday, so we parted around 4pm so KW could go watch the game (the only football fan of the group).  I did some grocery shopping then went home and watched movies and relaxed.

Monday was another busy day.  I drove an hour over to see Manders and her baby Gabby on the east side. Gabby had just gotten back from getting shots so she was sound asleep:

Eventually she woke up and I got a cute picture with Mommy and baby.  I can't believe how cute Amanda looks after just having a baby a couple of months ago!!

I got to hold Gabby for a minute, but she's going thru a phase where she only really lets manders hold her, so after a minute she realized I wasn't mom, and started sobbing.  I handed her back to manders, who calmed her down and put little gabby in a swing.  It was all I could do not to take 100 pictures of Gabby, she is SO CUTE!!!

Since Manders lives only about 30 minutes from where Rich lives I dropped by his house after he got done work.  I made us omelets for dinner.  While they were pretty delicious tasting, they did not turn out good.  I "forgot" to take pictures of the monstrosity that I called an omelet.  While I don't have a picture, it looked similar to this:

As I was leaving, Rich asked why I was wearing crocs in the middle of winter (these guys from the october blog:)

I shyly mentioned that winter boots have not been on the top of my budget priorities at the moment.  He promptly gave me $20, which I tried to refuse (he's had girls use him just for his money before, and I don't want to be that girl!), but ended up taking.  I got the fanciest boots at Target for just under 20 dollars!!  RICH IS THE BEST <3

Before I went to bed I put a roast in the crockpot, so I woke up Tuesday to a delicious smelling house and roast for breakfast!  YUM!

While Tuesday is usually my stay at home and do nothing day, I ventured out to go see the movie warm bodies.  As I was leaving a guy just outside of my complex said:

Him:  "You need gas?"
Me:  "? What?"
Him:  "If you need gas it's gone up to $3.70, but if you get to speedway just down the road they're selling it for $3.32"
Me:  "OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!!!:

I hurried over to speedway, knowing it would make me late for the movie, but not wanting to pay an extra 40 cents per gallon of gas.  I was SO proud I got it for 3.32 I promptly called dad to brag about it!

I made it to the movie just as the previews started.  While the concept (zombie love!) was great, there were no surprises or excitement.  You can pretty much see the whole movie by just watching the previews.  Maybe it's my fault for going in with such high expectations, but it was a bit of a let down.

When I got home I decided to make Yellow Squash Fries (click here for the recipe).  First I cut up the yellow squash into long thin strips and dipped them in egg:

I then rolled them in some parm cheese and paprika (the recipe requires crushed pork rinds, but I was feeling lazy):

Then off to the aluminum foiled pan, then into the oven for about 20 minutes (flipped after 15 minutes):

This is what they looked like fresh out of the oven:

I tossed some garlic salt on them and then threw them on a plate to cool.  While they look super funky, I can attest to their deliciousness!!

I has some hot, and some cold and they are yum either way!  I would totally make them more often if they weren't so labor intensive!  Maybe next time I'll make a double batch so I'll have left overs for a week or 2 (instead of a day or 2).

Next week Rich and I are going on a double date with his sister and brother-in-law!  I'm SO excited!  I've been corresponding with his sister and she seems like a really fun person!

No comments:

Post a Comment