Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New Glasses, Lunch, and Prep for Thanksgiving

As the blog title states, I bought new glasses.  My prescription changed a little bit, and I figured it would be good to have a second set of glasses, so, BAM new glasses!  See if you can see the difference:

Before:

After:

Yup, they look almost identical.

I tried making Rolls on Friday night, but added too much flour and they turned out like biscuits.  Oh well, live and learn.

Monday, I met up with Manders and KW for Lunch downtown.  Neither wanted to let me take a pic, so, as promised, here's a stock photo of exaggerations of my friends:


Yesterday, in preparation for Thanksgiving, I made the cake part of this recipe:  http://loveandduckfat.com/chocolate-pumpkin-cake-with-spiced-brown-butter-frosting/

Dad recommended making the cake ahead of time and freezing it, to make icing it easier.  I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I've made the cakes, and practiced the rolls, so I think I'm about ready for thanksgiving.  KW is making the turkey and stuffing and some other things?  I can't remember.  Mitch and Dom are making the Pumpkin pie and bringing the drinks.  It's going to be a good thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your cake is going to be as beautiful as in the blog. Mom says that you already know how to make bread and rolls. Have you forgotten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww shucks. I haven't done it in forever. Too much flour was my downfall. I hate kneading sticky dough, so I added way too much flour.

      Delete