Wednesday, January 30, 2013

GREAT Weekend

On Friday, after work, I came home to find I had a lot of mail (Yay mail!)  The first piece was from the government.  Probably important, so I opened it first.  It was my passport and passport card!!! YAY!!!!  Now I can legally make a break for the border!



The next piece of mail was a huge envelope from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.  Did I mention I had applied there for a Liberal Arts degree with a Library Science emphasis?

Well, I got in!!! YAY!!!! SQUEEE!!!  I'll be starting fall semester 2013.  I can't wait to start setting up my schedule.  I'm going to want to take all of the Library Science classes available!!!  Also, slightly weird, I got a certificate of admission.  It's like giving me an award for being able to fill out paperwork.  yay?

Sunday, Sarp and I went to see Les Miserables.

It was SO good!  I had forgotten how much I loved that play.  I cried pretty much the whole movie.  Afterwards we went to 5 guys burgers to grab some lunch.  They had one of those fancy soda machines that will give you and kind of soda you want!!!  AH-MAHZING!  I got a diet caffeine free raspberry coke!  Yum, right?!

Monday was a bit more laid back.  I slept in, watched some shows then met up with Rich after he got done work for dinner.  We had steamed broccoli and chicken:

Rich added some starch to his plate with left over mashed potatoes and bbq sauce:

It was really good!  We cuddled and watched some TV after that, but I was out of there by 7 because Rich had work the next day.

Tuesday, like every other Tuesday, is my chore day.  My cooking chore du jour was pork chops.  A lady at work had recommended spicing it (I used garlic salt and pepper) and then putting butter and onions on top.

Then wrap it in aluminum foil (easy cleanup) and cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

While the finished product doesn't look spectacular, it sure tasted good!

This upcoming Friday is Rich's birthday!  I took off on Saturday so we could go out and celebrate.  Look for pics to follow next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment