Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A pain in the....back

This weekend was a total bust.  Thursday after work I decided to try working out again.  I was on the reclining bike for all of 30 seconds before my back went out.  My back had been tweaking for a bit, meaning I would have random twinges of pain, but after "exercising" it went out.  I'm impressed I actually was able to drive myself home.


I had to call off of work Friday and Saturday, and cancel all of my weekend plans with my girlfriends.  It was literally the worst.  I spent 3 days on the couch or bed, trying to find a comfortable position.  I am SO sick of TV/internet after 3 days of that.

Monday I had a dentist appointment.  Luckily my back was good enough to sit/recline in a dentist chair.  While I was there they were poking my old fillings to make sure they were ok and the dentist poked a freakin hole right thru my filling...and then, to add insult to injury, she couldn't get the poky tool back out of the filling.  After a minute of wiggling and struggling she finally pried the poky tool out of my tooth.

They said I would need the filling removed and a new one put in.  2 hours and 80 dollars later, my filling had been replaced.  Thank GOODNESS for Novocaine   They way they were pounding and drilling on my tooth, I'm sure it would have hurt like a rabid monkey if not for the Novocaine!

Tuesday, inspired by my 3-4 hours in dentist chair with minimal back pain, I thought I'd go get my hair done.  I went to Raphael's beauty school (because schools are a LOT cheaper than regular beauty salons).  I got my hair highlighted and "trimmed"  I asked the girl to just take a little off...to even up the layers.  2 inches later, my hair is as short as it was a year ago.  :(

Here is the before:


During:


After:


Buh-Bye long hair.  Hello medium length hair.  The highlights were also WAY blonder than I wanted.  I really wanted just a lighter shade of brown, but I got platinum blond highlights.  Sigh.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Hopefully my back is all better by Sunday because that's when Rich and I leave for Philly for a week!

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you're feeling better. I like the hair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! I'm doing ok. My back is back to just tweaking, and not fully out. Glad you like the hair...it's going to have to grow on me (hahaha) before I will like it too. See you in less than a week!!!

      Delete