Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Philly Trip 1 - Reptiland

I convinced Rich to take a week off to go to Philly with me!  It was a blast!  There will be multiple blogs covering our trip.  This blog covers the first day of our trip.  Rich drove his fancy 2013 Ford Taurus (it was sooo pretty and even more comfortable!

A little over half way thru our trip we stopped at Reptiland!!  Every time I would drive to/from Philly, I would think "oh, Reptiland, I should stop!" but I never did because I was so focused on getting to/from Philly.

It was just off of Route 80, and easy to find with the large sign out front:

We got our hand stamped when we went inside (it said Reptiland):

I wrastled an alligator:

Rich didn't have as much fun on the alligator:
JUST KIDDING!

Ride 'em cowboy!!  YEEEEHAWW

After mastering faux alligators we went and saw the real thing (it was behind us, but you can't really see it):

The BEST part was the dinosaur exhibit.  There were animitronic dinosaurs that moved and roared and were a bit terrifying...especially the T-Rex:


We tried taking a picture of ourselves together in front of the T-Rex:

Thank goodness a sweet lady came a long and offered to take the pic for us!!

Rich got to pet some baby dinosaurs

AND feed some Emu's!

After feeding one, he was feeling pretty confident...confident enough to feed 3!!


After that harrowing adventure, Rich used the "I faced my fear, time for you to face yours" line on me, so we went into the butterfly habitat (what emu's and butterflies have to do with Reptiles, I don't know).  Here's what it looked like inside:

And here's how I felt about being in there:

After Reptiland, we had an uneventful second leg of our trip and made it safe and sound to Philly.  More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment