Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Movies and Meat

I worked a bunch of Overtime this weekend, so I didn't get a whole lot done.  Saturday I received a meat tenderizer and 2 cutting boards in the mail (courtesy of my bank of america credit card rewards).  I used the meat tenderizer on the pot roast I made.  I didn't notice a major difference in texture/tenderness.

Monday, after a full day of overtime, I went to see The Purge:

The theater I saw it at (Vally View) was HUGE!!  I mean, IMAX screen quality, and the seats were uber comfy and extra wide!  The movie itself was great!!  Super thrilling and a bit slashery...just the way I like my movies!  While there were some minor plot holes, I still give this move a solid 2 thumbs up!

The next movie I went to see is called "This is the end":

If you like raunchy, slapstick, slightly horror movies, with GREAT cgi, than this is the movie for you.  Not only was it funny (again, in a raunchy sort of way), but it had a TON of famous people!  Here's a quick list:

James Franco
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Jay Baruchel
Danny McBride
Craig Robinson
Michael Cera
Emma Watson
Mindy Kaling
David Krumholtz
Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Rihanna
Martin Starr
Paul Rudd
Channing Tatum        
Kevin Hart
Aziz Ansari
Jason Segel

Yeah, it was all around GREAT!  I would recommend.  It's one of the best movies of the season, and by far the best movie I've seen this year.  Again, it's the kind of movie only certain people would like, it's definitely not for everyone!

The next 2 weeks are gonna be kinda lame blogs, as I'm putting in at least 1 day per week over time.  Keep your expectations low...Although next tuesday I'm taking the GRE's so make sure to keep me in your thoughts/prayers...I'm going to need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment