Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gaming and Cooking

This week was my first weekend without overtime, and it was GLORIOUS!  Sunday was a "Deck and Civ V" day.

Mitch, Dom, KW and I all hung out on Mitch and Dom's fancy new deck and played some Civ V for 3+ hours.  So much fun...or fun until KW tries to convert one of my cities to his religion (since we were all on the same team, this is the sneakiest thing he could have done).

Monday was spent going to various dr. appointments.

Tuesday was spent doing laundry and cooking.  I had 3 big cooking projects.  The first was making the meatloaf from last week (It was SOOOO good, I wanted some more!).

The next thing I tried making was Scotch Eggs.  It's basically a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage.  I added onions to my sausage before wrapping it around the egg, which was a bad idea in the long run it all fell away from the egg while cooking.  Here's a video of my first attempt at Scotch Eggs:




My next attempt at cooking went better.  I made low carb crepes.  I filled them with cream cheese sweetened with some equal.  Some were better than others and most had a few holes, but still super yummy!!

Next week I'm going to be hanging out with a different group of friends on sunday, more dr appointments monday and then sleeping all day tuesday.

In 2 weeks I'll be flying to SLC for "SushiFest 2013" with my brother Jeff and sister Jaida!!


2 comments: