Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ultimate Utah Adventure - Day 1

For the past month or so, we've been planning Sushifest 2013 at Jeff's house in Utah.  It all started with an innocent facebook post by Jeff:


We coordinated schedules and Jeff, Rachel, Jaida, Ryan, myself and tons of nieces and nephews were able to meet up in from August 25-August 27 for Sushifest!  

On saturday I slept in as late as possible before working 9 hours then traveling for the next 11 hours.  I was able to sleep 2 hours on the plane, and was functional (if not energetic) on our first day together.  

Jeff met me at the airport and we went to Denny's for breakfast and to kill an hour before Jaida's flight came in.  It was sooooo yummy!

Rachel and Forrest drove up to the airport and we wrangled all of the kids into cars and drove down to temple square.  On our ride down we saw the new site of my first college, LDS Business College (It's behind the BYU SLCenter)

Ivy was tuckered out,

But Sydney, Jaida, and Henry and were wide awake and ready to play!


We parked at the mall across from temple square, which had SO many fun fountains to play in:


I tried to drink from one of the fountains, which was super fun until Jeff tried to push me in!

When we finally arrived at Temple Square it was picture time.  First up was the Brown siblings:


*please note that kids had to be cropped out of most pictures:

Next up was Jeff and his family:


Then Jaida and her family:





Such cute families, right?!  We continued walking around and the kids found another fountain to play with:

And windows to look in:

We then went to the LDS Visitors Center to change diapers and enjoy the AC.

There is a beautiful Christus Statue.  The kids were able to be surprisingly reverent for a little bit.


But the kids could not be contained and released their pent up energy from being revrent by running down the ramp at full speed.  I forgot how little ones seem to run everywhere!

I was getting pretty tuckered out (I had only slept 2 hours), so we came home, and I took a quick 2 hour nap while Jaida and the kids went to the park.  When I woke up, Rachel gave us the fixin's for sandwiches and just relaxed for a bit while the kids played together.  The boys had fun playing with cars together:

Jaida was singing and feeding Henry, and it was SO beautiful, I couldn't help but record it:

Rachel made DELISH  Spaghetti and meatsauce and salad for dinner.  I was SO hungry that I forgot to take pics :(  Everyone devoured it!  Super good.

Being a mean person, I made sure the kids were all worked up before going to bed by throwing a dance party!




After the kids went to bed it was technology time!!

More to follow on Day 2!

2 comments: