Wednesday, August 7, 2013

OT, BSG, Meatloaf and a Breakup

Once again, sorry I haven't blogged recently.  I've been working a ton over overtime.  So much overtime I barely had time to sleep, let alone do anything.  As of monday at 8:30 am I finished all of my OT shifts!!!  Now I can sit back, relax and wait for the epic upcoming paychecks!
In my free time, when I wasn't working OT, I was watching Battlestar Gallactica  (BSG).  KW recommended it, and I've been trying to brush up on my nerd culture, so, BSG.  I've only been able to get thru 1 and a half seasons, but so far it's mighty good (would recommend).  Like lost there are lots of recurrent themes that make you want to come back for more and more!

Tuesday was my first full day off in the past 2 weeks.  I spent 1/2 of it sleeping (trying to catch up from previous OT late nights), and then I did some cooking.  I tried making meatloaf.  It turned out ok considering I didn't use a loaf pan or a rack.  Here's the before:

And the after (sorry it looks weird, I cut it open to make sure it was cooked thru):

And lastly, right before om-nom-nom's (the pinkness is bacon, yeah, bacon in beef!):

Now onto some sadness.  Rich and I broke up today.  It's been a long time coming.  We haven't talked for over a month, so today I returned some of the things he gave me.  When Rich got home and saw the returned items he sent me a really nice email about how he agrees it wasn't working, but wishes me the best.

I wish I could be as eloquent as him, and properly thank him for the wonderful time and memories, and, best of all, the cordial break up.  I hope he finds a girl worthy of how awesome he is!

4 comments:

  1. The meatloaf looks yummy! Sorry about your breakup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dad! The meatloaf was yummy! Onions and bacon and eggs and cheese all made for a tasty meatloaf!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to Hear about the breakup. I signed into FB to check on you but you unfriended me. :( I'm sorry if I did something wrong but wish you all the best.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. Totally not you. I sent you a message explaining!

      Delete