Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Guess Who's a Sams Club Member?!

I had a really fun weekend, which was well deserved after last weekends sadness.  On Sunday, Rich and I went to Sams club where he got us both memberships!


After that we went shopping and he bought me some groceries.  What a good guy, right?!  We hit the produce section first.  Oranges have been my recent addiction (everything from navel to cuties/clementines).  I saw a weird fruit.  ARGH!  I can't remember what it's called.  It had something like "champagne" in the name.  If you know what it is, let me know, it's driving me crazy!!

Sam's Club had EVERYTHING.  I feel like it would be better used by those with families.  Some of the stuff I couldn't even imagine to use in a life time by myself.  They even had peanut butter in a can, not jar!!

After we got back to my place and put away the food, I made hamburgers and vegetables for dinner for us.  The vegetables were Normandy Blend frozen veggies from Sam's club (which contain Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots and Yellow Squash) and you'll notice a giant new thing of BBQ sauce (which is one of Rich's favorite things ever):


We just hung out for a bit after that then Rich headed home.  We always have so much fun, even if it's just grocery shopping and homemade dinner!

Monday was uneventful.  I went to see OZ, the Great and Powerful.  It was meh.  I only paid 4.50 to see it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  It was pretty, but the story was lacking.  There was SO much you could do with the premise of the movie, but they didn't do anything great.

After the movie I dropped by Sam's Club to get gas.  Gas has been running from 3.70 to 3.80, but now that I'm a Sam's club member (THANK YOU RICH!!) I can get gas for 3.53!!!

Tuesday was my cooking day.  Instead of cooking 1 big thing I made a bunch of little things.  I made a TON of mashed potatoes for Michelle.  She had made me an awesome French Silk Pie (which was delish by the way), and I had a TON of left over potatoes, so I made a baby's worth of potatoes.  Yeah, like, 4 pounds. or so:

While I was working on that I put some chicken breasts (which, once again, awesome boyfriend Rich had bought me at Sam's Club), in some water flavored with taco seasoning in a crock pot and let it simmer for 6-8 hours.  My house still smells like tacos!

Lastly, I was on to my main meal of the week, French Onion Soup.  It was yummy and super easy.  You start out by cutting up 2 medium onions:

Then cooking them in a pot with some butter for about 20 minutes:

Throw in some flour and cook for another couple of minutes:

Add some beef broth and simmer for 20 minutes.  And you're done!

You can add cheese or bread/croutons if you want.  Without cheese/croutons, a cup of soup is only 65 calories!  I just put a little pepperjack cheese on top of mine (total calories 130):

Next Sunday I'm meeting up with Rich's family again to celebrate their parents anniversary/birthdays.  We're going to the Bomber Group, which, according to Rich is an amazingly delish buffet! I'm looking forward to laughs and fun times next week, although it's going to be hard to top the fun time I had with Rich this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you're having a good time. Love you, dad

    ReplyDelete