Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lasagna and sadness

The weekend started off pretty awesome.  I got an Easter package from dad in the mail!!


Inside was a plethura of awesome.  The first awesome thing was bubble wrap.  Who doesn't love bubble wrap?!

The bubble wrap was protecting some homemade chocolates from Dad!!


It took all of my willpower to save them and share them with Rich on Sunday.  Well, I wasn't perfect, I had a couple before sharing.  I regret nothing, they were sooooo good!

Sunday I went over and made lasagna for Rich.

Rich's sister, Samantha, gave me the family recipe, which used sausage instead of hamburger.  It was surprisingly delicious as shown by the smile on Rich's face:

Dessert was homemade Lemon Squares, which looked quite beat, but tasted quite yum:


and Easter candy made by Dad:



The candies were so good.  I mean, REALLY good.  My favorite was the coconut filled ones, while Rich liked the peanut butter ones.  Honestly though , they were all super delish!

While we were eating at Rich's dining room table, I noticed this plug:

Laughingly I asked, why all the extra plugs if you only need 2?!  Rich says he thinks there was a 3rd plug at some point.  Still, I thought it was kinda funny.

Monday was uneventful.

Tuesday afternoon I noticed that my phone, which had been left in the bedroom most of the day, had a voicemail from my boss and a text from a coworker.  I called my boss back to see what he needed.  He was calling to tell me MJ, the coworker who sits in front of me had died.
I was so sad.  I am so sad.  MJ was one of my BEST friends at work.  We would giggle the night away talking about how hunky Nathan Fillion is or what was happening on Castle.  It's so weird to get info about her funeral when we had just been talking a week or 2 ago.

It was so sudden.  Last tuesday MJ came to work, but got sick and threw up in her trash can so she went home.  She called off the rest of the week.  Monday she didn't call out.  This is SO unlike MJ, so our boss called her multiple times before getting her address from HR and having emergency services go to her house where they found she had passed away from "reasons unknown"

So sad.  I'm really going to miss MJ.  She was such a bright shining star at the help desk.  The world is less sunny without her.  Rest in peace MJ.  You are missed

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the chocolates... So sad about your colleague and friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how a weekend can be so full of joy and sadness.

      Delete