Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random Blog about Dating again

I've been dating for a good 10 years now.  It's always been a struggle:

"Does he like me?"
"If I say the wrong thing will he get mad at me?"
"Am I doing too much for him?
"Am I doing too little?"

Dating was always fraught with constant anxiety and worry.  I mean, it was fun at times.  There were happy times, but more often than not I felt like I was pushing a boulder up a hill that was seemingly endless...until Rich.

When I met Rich, everything that was hard and frustrating and uncomfortable about dating disappeared.  I tell him all the time that he is me in boy form.  We click.  I feel like we are 2 peas in a pod.  From the instant I met we just worked!

With past boyfriends I had such bad jealousy issues.  I think it comes from secretly being insecure about myself (although most of the time I don't feel insecure??).  With Rich that has never been an issue.  He makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world for him.

Rich looks at me sometimes (aww shucks, most of the time) like I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.  And the reverse is true.  Sure, I've dated guys with 6-pack abs and perfect eyesight, but, to me they're not half as handsome as Rich.  There's something about him that is irresistible to me.  I cannot get enough of him.  He is the most handsome guy I've ever dated.  From his giant man hands (seriously, almost twice my size!) to his buzzed haircut, to the way he talks and walks and laughs.  I love everything about him!

Oh, not only is he beyond sexy, but he has an AH-MAHZING family!  I LOVE his Mom and sister and dad and brother-in-law.  The tell the funniest stories and are SO easy to get along with!  You can tell by his outgoing, funny personality that he was raised by good people!

He also treats me like a princess.  With some of my past boyfriends, I paid for everything.  For dinners, for trips, for beer.  You name it, I paid for it.  I contributed so much both financially and emotionally and got so little in return.  Rich, is the opposite of this.  He buys me dinners, and is willing to go to plays with me.  He puts in the time to make me feel special and loved.  I don't need a lot.  I can buy stuff if I need it, but it's nice to get flowers and chocolates once in a while, just because they love you...OH!  That was something on my bucket list "get flowers for no reason"!  Even when he's not trying Rich helps me beyond measure.

Uggh, this probably sounds a bit gloaty or, rambley...but I just wanted to take a minute to say how happy I am for the first time in my life.  Dating is finally easy!  Who would have thought it could be so simple?  Whether I'm with Rich for 50 years or 5 more minutes, I will count myself thankful for every second we spend together.

Who would have thought I'd have to move to Ohio to find my soul mate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment