Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Preeeeety epic weekend.

My weekend started with getting up early and heading off to a girls breakfast at Ambers house.   Amber made the MOST DELICOUS pumpkin pancakes and scrambled eggs!  Leeann brought watermellon and I made a strawberry compote.



Amber looked like the cutest serial killer while cutting up the watermellon!

Ambers new boyfriend was there, so, being the pictured obsessed gal that I am, I had to get some pics of the happy couple:



It was really fun!  There was lots of giggling and girl talk.  Over all it was a 10 out of 10 kinda morning!


Right after I got done breakfast and girl gabbing I headed over to Rich's for a little cuddle time before we went out for lunch/dinner.  When I got to Rich's I found a surprise waiting for me!!  He bought me flowers, chocolates and even made me cookies!!  I was so excited, I looked slightly crazed:


Here's a cuter pic of the awesomeness that Rich got me:


After I stopped jumping up and down and giggling like an idiot, we met up with Mitch, Dom, and KW for dinner at BD's Mongolian grill.  I was so hungry and excited for dinner I forgot to take pics!  Sadness.

We only stayed an hour because the meter was running (quite literally).  It was fun to talk and laugh with friends I hadn't seen in a bit.  Rich paid for dinner because he's a gentleman.  I really don't deserve such a good guy!  Over all it was another solid 10 out of 10 afternoon.

Monday was spent being unproductive.

Tuesday I was very productive!  I made Chicken Tortillia Soup that my sister-in-law Rachel had recommended.  It was super easy.  Just brown some onions and green peppers in oil and butter, then throw in seasoning and corn tortillias.  Next put in some chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes:

You blend it all together (in a blender), and throw in some chicken.  It made a CRAZY amount of soup:

Add a dollop of sour cream and whammo!  Meal completed:

I had so much I decided to bring some over to Rich, who is always down for a free meal.  He liked it too!

While I was there we decided on Lasagna for next sundays meal.  He had a huge jar of prego that he was willing to sacrifice for the lasagna.  "Pose with the sauce so I have a pic for my blog", I said.  And he did!  So many cute pics it was hard to pick just one for the blog!!



 This is one of my favorites!  It looks like he's dancing.  Yup, I have the coolest Boyfriend evar!!

Next week is going to be a relaxing week.  The only think I have planned is to make lasagna...Maybe a fun dessert.  If anyone has any yummy dessert recipes, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment