Thursday, May 8, 2014

Getting Political

Tuesday, May 6th was a voting day in Cuyahoga county.  KW got me interested, so I signed up as a poll worker.  I went to a 3 hour training on Saturday, then on Monday, I metup with the other poll workers to setup.

Tuesday morning I woke up at 4:30 am (I didn't even think that time really existed!!!)

I got ready and headed over to the polling location.  I was there by 5:30 am.  I got a fancy name badge

And since I was lucky enough to be working in my polling location, I was the first one to vote and first to get an "I <3 Voting"

The other poll workers were SO much fun to hang out with and all around GREAT people.  After spending 15 hours with someone you are either friends or enemies.  We were all vast friends.

In the back from left to right is Me, Jnet, Marlene, Peggy (Ruth not pictured), then the boys in the front are Larry, our PLC (Like a team leader) and Brent.

Larry and Brent were pretty exhausted by the end of the day.

Sike!  They were pumped to be almost done:

Along with Larry and Brent, we also had Gary (Pictured top left), who was a Rover.  He would periodically drop by and help precints with any problems they were having.  He was a godsend on monday night when our PLC was running late.  Gary really helped us get everything set up.

One more pic of the lady poll workers.  I felt like a giant next to 5'3 Marlene (left) and 5'3 Peggy (right)!

We will hopefully be hanging out as a group sometime later, but if not, I'm hoping I see them all in November for primaries!

You would think after all of the politics from tuesday I would be all politiced out.  Nope!  Wed (yesterday) was our bi-monthly city council meeting.  I dragged KW along.  It was a blast, and, though not necessary, it gave me a reason to get dressed up!

Phew, that's it.  I'm all caught up on blogging.  I'm hoping to drag the friends out to the drive thru movies this weekend.  Also, one of my summer courses, the one that runs the month of June, emailed us and said we would be reading 22 young adult books.  I'm glad they sent this early, so, I'll be spending the next few weeks trying to knock out as many of those books as possible.

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're going out and meeting people with the board games and with the polling job. Sounds like a lot of fun! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! I'm trying to get as much done in my free weeks between courses as possible!

      Delete