Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Movies, BBQ's, Video Games, Homework, Garage Sales, Flooding, Free Food, and Walnut Wednesdays

Oh brother.  I put off blogging for 2-3 weeks so you, dear readers, are in for another massive blog!

In the past few weeks I've seen some good movies.  One of my all time new favorite movies is fright night staring Colin Farrell.  I love me some vampire movies, and this was one of the best vamp movies I've seen in a while!

I also convinced KW to go see Neighbors with me.  It was pretty funny!  I could see myself watching it again when it comes out on DVD

Now that the weather has been warming up we've been BBQing at Mitch and Dom's almost every week.  Dom is a grill master!!!  It always turns out great.  Heck, he can even BBQ bacon!!!

As with most BBQ's I tried to get pics for my blog, While I take stunning pics,

Other's refuse to play along


Yesterday, since we where having a BBQ anyway, I begged Dom to grill up some chicken for me.  There's just something extra delicious about grilled chicken.  It turned out soooooooo good.  I'm surprised anything made it home with me.  It was mouthwateringly wonderful!

We've all been gaming off and on.  We tried playing Civ V 3 weeks ago, but it gets really laggy after turn 100.  Still a fun game!

Minecraft is another thing that KW, Mitch, Dom and I have been doing 2 or 3 times a week.  The great thing about Minecraft is that it does not seem to get laggy!  I had never really played it before a couple of weeks ago, so I had a steep learning curve.  The worst part of the game is the fact that KW and occasionally Dom see the need to kill me.  Granted, I (rarely) deserve it.  Even Mitch killed me once.  She had a puppy and I hit it once (and it just happened to die).  She was displeased and ended me.  Note to self, do not kill Mitch's dogs.

Back at the beginning of May I recieved an email from my June course explaining that we would need to read 22 YA books.  She sent us the email so we could get started on our reading early since a month was going to be pushing it to get all of the reading done!  I'm sure the North Olmsted library hates me after i put most of those books on hold


Since the email in early May I've read about 10 of the books.  This was the first one I read:


One of the reasons I've been so slow to blog was that my first summer course started on May 19th.  It is a 15 week course jammed into 3 weeks.  If I'm not listening to a lecture than I'm writing a paper or discussion post or taking a test.  It's been hectic and tough!!  So please forgive me this summer if my blogs are few and far between!!

One weekend (I don't remember which) we went garage saleing.  Mitch convinced KW to get some fancy cups and KW also bought a wok and a painting for his house.  Mitch and Dom bought buttons (like a bag of buttons), a picnic basket and some other things I can't remember.  Being the thrifty shopper, I only bought 1 book.

There was some horrible flooding in North Olmsted.  Luckily my condo was fine, but I spent part of one day helping Mitch and Dom clean mud out of their garage and basement.  So horrible for them, but I had a lot of fun hanging out and helping with the cleanup.

I've been lucky enough to babysit for my friends in lakewood, Jared and Chel.  Being the awesome people they are, they gave me BACON WRAPPED STEAKS!!!!  Right?!  So much awesomeness!  I guess they're fairly inexpensive (although not the cheapest) at Aldi.

While they don't look like something special they were super delish!!!!

Last up, Walnut Wednesday.  Cleveland runs something called "Walnut Wednesday" from May to November.  Every Wednesday, food trucks gather on walnut street in downtown cleveland.  Manders, KW and I went to it back in 2012 and decided to try it again this year.  It rained so much.  Trying to be positive I said "Welp, at least it won't be busy as it's so rainy".  False!  The lines were long and it poured the whole time (as evidenced by the sopping wet Jnet below who didn't bring an umbrella).  Once again, KW opted out of being in a picture, but manders looked amazing regardless of the inclement weather.

Phew!  All done!  Thanks for sticking with me faithful readers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know next time you're at walnut! I go every week....and yes we still need to do lunch!

    ReplyDelete