Thursday, July 12, 2012

Babysitting Adventure

Believe it or not I have friends with babies!  Said friends, Jared and Chel, needed a couple of hours to go shopping sans kids.  I jumped at the chance!  They have the cutest kids ever!!  

Their oldest, Stella, went to bed early, so I only saw her for 10-15 minutes before her parents put her to sleep.  Most of the time I got to hang out with Luella.  Luella is the most adorable 7 week old  baby you will ever meet!  We had a blast!  She was so happy to hang out with me she gave me baby gifts (read spitup and diaper presents)!

The best part of watching Luella was the adorable faces she made as she fell asleep.  Her little eyes would slowly roll up in head and then she would jerk awake as if sleep was the worst thing possible!  She eventually passed out and I got some cute pics of her:



I had so much fun hanging out with Stella and Luella!  Honestly, I don't know how mom's do it!  I was only dealing with one little baby for 2 hours and at the end I was ready to go home and pass out.  Special thanks to all the moms out there who do such a great job!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, she's such a cute baby! I still have no idea how moms do anything, and I'm supposedly one of them. I took Forrest to Home Depot yesterday (should have been a 10-minute trip that took like 45 minutes) and it was a nightmare. He insisted on being put in a specific cart, which he rode in for like 30 seconds and then decided he had to push, and then abandoned so he could pull random things off the shelves, and we finally wrapped it all up with a full-blown, flailing-on-the-floor temper tantrum. I finally just left him there screaming while I went up and down the aisle getting what I needed, and just pulled him to the side of the aisle to continue screaming when someone with a cart showed up and needed to get by. PS, my favorite part of parenting is the critical looks, shaking heads, and rolled eyes from other shoppers who DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN WITH THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! That sounds like the worst. What you need is a good "single" friend who can watch your baby for 2 hours while you get all of your shopping done. Move to Ohio and I am all yours (free of charge). Seriously though, that sounds like a nightmare. No babies for Jnet

    ReplyDelete