Thursday, July 26, 2012

Condo Warming Party


For the past few weeks I've been working on moving into my new condo.  Sunday, July 22, 2012 I was finally ready for a condo warming party.  I invited a bunch of people, but since it was on a sunday, only a few showed up.

A couple of hours before the party, Mitch came over to help me out with the party.  Thank goodness for Mitch.  She helped with vacuming, setting up trays and chairs, (so much more that I can't remember), and most important, she kept me calm and relaxed!


I stocked up on soda (mt dew, diet coke, pepsi, sprite and dr pepper) and of course beer for anyone who wanted to drink.  Only 7/30 beers got drunk, so I sent the rest home with whomever would drink them!


Sadly, my dining room table had not arrived yet, so Mitch let me borrow her TV trays, which we piled high with food.

There were grapes and homemade cookies/rice krispie treats (made by my dad when he was here)

For those more health conscious, we had a veggie tray with cucumbers, celery, broccoli and baby carrots.  There was also ranch and french onion dip for dipping:

We have sweet treats, healthy treats, but we can't forget about salty!  There were chips (2 kinds) pretzels, and popcorn (which, once again my dad found for super cheap when he was visiting.  Is there anything that man can't do?!)

When Dom came over he had made a cake!!!  It was so good!  It had sprinkles on the outside and the inside!!!

A bunch of friends from one of my previous employer showed up.  Honestly, some of the BEST people in cleveland work at PC Helps (or worked at pchelps)


Steph did not want her picture taken, but that's not an option when friends with a blogger...actually, now that I think of it, no one wanted their picture taken!

While looking out the screen door, the boys noticed a tree with fruit on it.  It wasn't obvious right off the bat what kind of fruit it was, so Dom braved the wilds and picked some fruit for us!

Ken Wilson then took the tart smelling "fruit" and cut it open.  It was green on the outside and green on the inside with a huge pit.  We still don't know what it is

That's the question of the day.  What is that ^?

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what that is, but I recommend baking a pie with it and gifting it to an unsuspecting coworker, then wait for results. If they don't show up at work the next day: poison fruit. If they never talk to you again: yucky fruit. If they beg for more: make me a pie with it next.

    Looks like a fun party! I'm excited to do a housewarming party for our new place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol what a great idea!! If only I knew how to bake pies...and was ambitious enough to climb up and pick the "fruit". It had a citris like smell...I wonder what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After talking it over w/ fb friends, I THINK it's an unripe peach

    ReplyDelete
  4. JBB,

    You don't know how to bake a pie? What?! Weren't you a Family Life major at one point in time? What kind of ridiculous college let you graduate without teaching you how to make a pie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it looks like you do know how to throw a party, and really, you can buy a pie.

      Delete