Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Visit from my Daddy

As many of you know I recently purchased a condo (Yippeeeee!!!)  A week after closing my dad came out to help me get everything in order.  He got to Ohio around 7pm yesterday with a carload of stuff from philly.  We unpacked and then went to Value City to look at sectionals.

We ended up getting a sectional (pictured here), a side table for the bedroom, a dining room table and chairs and a TV stand.

The TV stand was less than $100, but you had to put it together yourself.  THANK GOODNESS my dad was here, or it would not have happened!

We got home and unpacked all of the pieces for the TV stand:


Dad spent about 2 hours putting it together, but around 11:30 we ended up calling it quits

The next day we went shopping for a bunch of stuff for the condo.  We ended up getting tools (hammer, saw, electric drill), lamps, folding chairs, camp chairs, paper towel holder, stepping stool, mat for the bathroom with matching towels and a light for the burned out bulb in the kitchen.

When we got home, I put the lamps together while dad finished up the TV stand.  After another solid hour or 2 of work dad completed the monstrosity that is the TV stand:

It turned out AH-MAZING!  Now I have somewhere fancy to put the BEST housewarming present from Dom and Mitch (the beautiful flat screen).

I am soooo thankful my dad has come out to help me put together/help pick out furniture, and make general decisions on what is best for the condo!  BEST DAD EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I really like your couch and TV stand!! You dad is a champ for putting that stand together!!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Thanks so much for coming to dinner tonight mitch! You ROCK

    ReplyDelete