Monday, July 9, 2012

Dinner and a movie

This weekend was fun, but not super adventurous.  We kicked off the weekend with dinner at El Jalapenos in the fine city of Lakewood.


After having some troubles with the closing on my Condo, so I ordered a margarita.  Mitch took a sip too, but it was CRAZY big, and super yum:



The boys were there too, but they weren't drinking anything fun, just taking awesome pictures:


Dinner was delish!  The boys went to see a concert, while Mitch and I went home.  I worked on sorting out Condo closing problems while Mitch read.  When the boys came home we all played Civ V till around 11pm, when I gave up and went to bed.

Saturday was super busy.  KW and I went to Target to get stuff for our new abodes.  I ended up buying 3 sets of sheets, 2 comforters, a vacuum cleaner, and a towel and wash cloth.  KW bought pillows, a vacuum cleaner (same as mine), a skillet, a soup pot and a thing for his cats to scratch.

I went home and picked up Mitch and Dom.  We then all drove into Cleveland to the capitol theater to see Moonrise Kingdom.

KW loved it!  Mitch, Jnet, and Dom thought it was ok.  We then went furniture shopping to Daniels Furniture.  It was pretty shady.  The second floor was not air conditioned, and devoid of human life.  I honestly was worried that there was a serial killer hiding in wait for us on that floor!  Needless to say, no furniture was purchased that day.

We went to a chinese buffet after that.  Mitch and her hubby Dom was being especially adorable:


**Big thanks to Dom for taking the pictures with his new Samsung galaxy (II??) phone**

We all went back to Mitch and Doms house for 3 hours of Civ V, home made Fajitas and then Mario Kart with some PC Helpers in Philly and East Side Cleveland.



2 funny things happened Saturday evening during Mario Kart.  The first happened to me.  I was getting a drink from the fridge.  I closed the fridge door, and standing behind that door, not saying anything was Ken Wilson.  I SCREAMED bloody murder, causing Mitch to scream in fear too.  KW, just ran away laughing...good thing too, because I would have smacked him something awful for scaring me so bad!

The second funny thing was KW was teasing Mitch.  She stood up in defiance of KW and he said something to the effect of "sit back down...we both know you're not going to do anything".  Enraged, Mitch came over and started running her hands over KW's face, which was confusing and disorienting to poor KW.  He was eventually overcome by Mitch's attack!

Anyway, we didn't have any super fancy adventures but it was a really fun weekend nonetheless!

1 comment: