Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Coming Home to Cleveland and New Years Eve!

After 2 weeks in Philly it was finally time to come home to Cleveland.  I stole 6 + bags worth of food from mom and dad's food storage, and yet Mom and dad still packed me a lunch for the trip home (turkey sandwhiches on homemade rolls and 2 peeled clementines!

I was lucky again and the drive home was uneventful.  No rain/snow/roadwork!

When I got home I unpacked all 6 bags of food and found my pantry and food storage now packed!!


I put the hangers I got for my birthday (from grandma) and from Christmas (mom and dad) to good use.  I even had enough left over to hang up my jeans!!



I was so excited to have a completed kitchen with my new fancy knife block (which cuts tomatoes like they are butter!)

and my new kitchen aid!!!  YES!  I own a Kitchen Aid Mixer!!!  I used it yesterday to make carrot cake cupcakes and they turned out AMAZING!  Mixing is so much easier with this mixer!!

KW, Mitch, Dom and I decided to have NYE at Mitch and Dom's house.  I brought multiple outfits for the whole evening (well, 3).  Starting off super exciting and moving to pajama's.  I didn't get pics (mitch has them), but here's my face w/ fancy makeup at the beginning of the night:

We played spoons and mario kart with PC Helpers and something else, I can't remember what though.  It was a blast.  I had planned to crash at Mitch's house and I did.  I slept for a few hours then snuck out the next morning to go home and do 3 outfits worth of laundry.

The next week we all got together to hang out and grab some all you can eat pancakes at IHOP and then go home and play Star Munchkin.  It was so much fun!  It's a card game with monsters and it's kinda hard to explain unless you've played it before.  Needless to say it was really fun!  Also, all you can eat pancakes...deliciously horrible idea.  So full of pancakes.  I managed 4 pancakes, KW, had 5 and Dom beat us all with 6!



After playing we were vegging out on the couch and Chester came up and sat on Mitch's lap.  This NEVER happens, so, of course, Pictures were needed

I also got Chester pets and he played with Mitch a bit after that!


Did I mention that Mitch is crochetting me a blanket?!!  I'm so excited.  She's made KW 2 or 3, so she promised me one.  She even let me pick the colors (Black and bright pink!!)  Here's a teaser of the awesomeness to come:


Phew.  Well I'm all caught up on blogging now!!  I start my first day of Master level classes next monday.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!!

1 comment: