Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Week Leading Up to Christmas

I had a lot of time on my hands while at home, so, dad helped me fill it by working on Christmas Crafts.  He had made a Christmas tree out of an old book earlier in the month, and so he showed me how to do it.  This is how it is suppose to look (his second tree):

And this is how mine turned out:
The picture does not even do it's dumpyness justice.  See if you can pick out my tree when pictured next to the other 2 trees dad made:

Oh well.  I guess I'll leave the crafts to dad!

Since Joel couldn't be around for my birthday dinner, he treated me and Kate to a fancy dinner at the movies at Movie Tavern.  It's just like it sounds.  It's a movie theater that also serves drinks and dinner.   I'm obviously not great at taking pictures:



But eventually I got a good one!

Joel was much better at taking pictures:


We arrived a little early, so we walked around and took more pictures:




Finally it was time for the movie.  The seats were huge!  It was like sitting in a lazy boy recliner, and there was a waiter who would come anytime to bring you soda refills or more food or whatever!!

The movie we saw was anchorman 2 and it was as good, if not better than the first movie.  Joel and I LOVED it.  Heck, we were still quoting it weeks later.  There's no one else I would have wanted to see it with.  Joel makes movies so much funnier.  There was one part where he was laughing sooo hard I though he was going to pass out.  Best birthday dinner-and-a-movie EVER!

Joel spoils me.

The next day Kate had to make cookies for work.  Turns out, Kate had never made cookies from scratch before, so mom helped her out.


The cookies turned out surprisingly well.  Where was dad while there was cooking going on?  Playing with his new best friend, puppy:

I swear, that puppy loves dad more than anyone in this word...and dad may feel the same sometimes.  Furax is such a good dog.  I'm not a dog person (or animal person in general, but I did like that dog!

That was my week leading up to Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to take my paper Christmas tree back with you! ;( oh well, now I have a beautiful little winter forest.

    ReplyDelete