Monday, September 29, 2014

Philly Trip 2014 Day 1

After weeks of excitement about our family reunion, I finally set out.  The drive home was quick and fun.  It's always exciting to see this sign:

I took a break on the trip from Cleveland to Philly to tour the BWP bat factory.  I must have past the "Tour BWP Bats" sign 20-30 times over the many years I've been making this trip.  It was finally time to stop!!


Look, even their parking signs are bats!!!!

The first thing I did when I got to Philly was drop my stuff at Jaida's house and take a selfie (be warned, many selfies to follow).

Jaida and I then went over to mom and dad's house.  This is where I learned how much baby Henry loves his grandpa.  Anytime Grandpa is around, Henry runs to him and just wants to cuddle and hang out.  He has eyes for no one but Grandpa.

Aunt Jessie made a huge dinner for the family (sans Jeff/Rachel/Forrest/Darcy, who hadn't flown in yet)

Henry's favorite part of Dinner was the cookies

Jaida then told me a secret:  The only way to get Henry to cuddle with you is to let him see technology.  I used this secret to my advantage:  SELFIES!!!



Sydney didn't want to be out done by her baby brother (and she was not out done).  MOAR SELFIES!!


I spent the rest of the evening reading to the kids and then spending some quality girl time with my sister talking about everything (she's the greatest!!)  By the end of the day I was so exhausted I passed out mighty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment