Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Philly Trip 2 - Amish Country, Hikes and Double Dates

Monday morning, we all got up early to head to the Shady Maple Buffet in Amish country.  It was a whole slew of browns.
There was mom and dad (I had 2 pics and couldn't decide which was cuter, so I'm posting them both:


Rich and I were there (of course!)

Joel and his girlfriend Kate:

and Grandma and Grandpa:

Rich got his first taste of scrapple!!  He liked it (although he probably didn't fully understand what it was):

Joel got a hold of my phone and took a bunch of dumb pictures.  Here are 2 of the dumbest:


After breakfast, Mom and Grandpa headed home, while Grandma, Joel, Rich and I hit up the Shady Maple gift store.  Stick candy was on sale so dad bought us all one (with the exception of Grandma, who had wandered off somewhere):

Who got candy? These guys:

Next we tried on some Amish attire.  The boys wore straw hats:

While us girls wore bonnets.  Kate was not great at "serious face":

We then drove to Maplehofe Dairy for ice cream and Amish grocery shopping:

Joel photobomed our next photo (on purpose!!):

Then it was Joel and Kate's turn for pics, so he hoisted her up on his shoulders:


While we were eating our  ice cream outside, I dared Joel to do a handstand...then this happened:

Since he had already ripped his pants, I said he should try again:
So much awesomesauce!!

When we got home, Rich and I decided to walk off some of the food we ate, by hiking the Leiper-Smedly trail.  We found a big, open, overgrown amphitheater.  Rich went down to investigate, while I stayed safely above to take pictures:

Monday evening, Joel, Kate, Rich and I all got dressed up and went out to the Cheesecake factory for dinner.  It was at the King of Prussia Mall, so we walked around the mall a bit before dinner.\

Looking back, I can't believe how much we did in 1 day...and this wasn't even our busiest day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment