Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Philly Trip 6 - Cheese Steaks, Water Ice and more Amish

Friday we didn't really have anything specific planned.  Dad made oven pancakes for breakfast (pretty much the most delicious thing evar!)

Around lunch time Joel asked if we wanted to go to Pat's for cheese steaks   For those of you who don't know, Pat's and Gino's are famous for their cheese steak rivalry.  Pat's cheese steak was SO good!  Joel bought us fries because he is the BEST brother ever!!



I am honestly considering driving back to Philly for another cheese steak.  SO GOOD!

Right after cheesesteaks we went for Rita's water ice.  Mmmm....water ice <3


Once Kate was done with work, the 4 of us piled in Joel's car again and went to Booth's Corner a huge flea market with lots of Amish stalls.  Joel got a knife:

Kate got a frozen banana (well, technically Joel bought it for her):

Rich bought Jams and PB and chocolate covered pretzels for his family and I bought F.R.O.G jam for myself (Figs, Raspberries, Orange, Ginger).

In the evening Mom made lasagna (which was SO GOOD) and homemade french bread:


and Grandma made Whoopie pies:

Before we left the next morning, Mom braided my hair.  Cute right?!


We left the next morning, and on our drive home had our first fight.  After only seeing each other once a week, spending all day everyday together pushed us both the the breaking point.  Good news, is I found out our fighting style:  We both go quiet for a bit before eventually calming down enough to talk it out.

When I was unpacking when I got home I dropped a razor on my big toe.  It bled SO MUCH!  I went thru 3 band-aids, got blood the the carpet and left a small pool of it on the bathroom floor.  I was starting to wonder if a gal could bleed to death from a toe wound.  Thank goodness it finally stopped!!

Thus ends the Philly Trip saga of '13.  From Amish to Water Ice it was a blast!!

2 comments:

  1. It was a great week for me as this was my first vacation in 8 years. I do want to thank, Mr. and Mrs. Brown for being excellent hosts, Joel and Kate for driving us into the city and out to the Farmer's Market, Grandpa Brown for telling funny jokes, Grandma Brown for her quick wit and humor (not to mention the whoopee pies) and everyone else who made feel welcome in PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet. I'll make sure to pass that along to the family. I know they enjoyed meeting you!

      Delete