Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Philly Trip 4 - Valley Forge

If you haven't guessed by now, Rich loves anything to do with history or war (he loves the military channel...I didn't even know there was a military channel before I started dating Rich).

On Wednesday  Dad and Rich and I all went to Valley Forge.  We watched a video in the visitors center (which may or may not have put me to sleep), then we took some pics.  These things were obviously made for kids:

After the visitors center, Rich worked on building a log home:

And Dad made sure it was stocked with lots of firewood:

And I did what girls of the 1700's did, I stood there and looked pretty:

Here's dad and Rich in one of the log houses (please note how gangsta my daddy is):

There was a really pretty arch:

Dad takes the best pictures:

As we got closer to the arch, dad pointed out some random guy laying on his back kicking his legs.  It was super weird.  My only regret is that I didn't get a video of it:

There were some weird faces in the arch:

Inside George Washingtons house, dad saw a piece of his childhood...I guess it's the thing that came before the computer:

Rich did a pretty good Washington impression (still at the Washington house)


Also in the Washington house was a a picture of Lieutenant Colonel John Laurens.  Is it me or does this guy look like actor Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes)? 


After being inside for a bit it was time to man the cannons!!

We then went to the valley forge chapel.  The stained glass was sooooo pretty!

Also in the chapel was a list of state flags and when they joined the union.  Ohio was number 17:

3 + hours later, we finished up at Valley Forge and went to the Limerick outlets.  I didn't take any pictures because we didn't buy anything, but we did have fun looking!

After the outlets we went to Wegmans for lunch.  It was AH-MAHZING!  It's 1/2 grocery store and 1/2 cafeteria style restaurant.  You pay by the pound, so we each picked what kind of food we wanted and then sat and ate at the fancy Wegmans tables.  We even split a white cake (that Grandma had been raving about):

Dad, being the awesome son he is, bought Grandma a cake too since she loves them so much!

In the evening we used puppy dog eyes to get dad to make us dinner.  He made us homemade noodles with browned butter.  OH. MY. GOODNESS.  It was SO FREAKIN Good!  I want to eat it all the time!!

Everyone went to bed full of food and good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment